Rambus, Inc. (RMBS) today unveiled a new multi-media solution that allows consumers to interact with and access “over the top” video in a personalized, immersive experience. Company will publicly demonstrate its software-based, multi-media solution this week in Las Vegas, NV.
The Rambus Imerz™ universal platform uniquely allows for integrated multi-screen viewing, social interaction, e-commerce and access to metadata in a simple and compelling way.
Key components of the new platform include:
- Single point of integration for Content Rights Owners
- Unique searching interface to discover and select video content
- Seamless connection between TV and mobile, including mobile-based media remote control
- Deep social integration so that consumers can sign-on with their social networks and share, post, discuss what they’re viewing from their mobile device and TV
- On-screen interactivity with video and broadcast content, including frame-by-frame synchronization of temporal/spatial tags for story-telling, product information and e-commerce
- Unparalleled communication opportunities for consumers to use in-app IM, voice chat, video chat and on-TV social viewing
- Content tagging service, including curated or live metadata logging
The Imerz media platform allows content rights owners and distributors to integrate against a single point in the cloud to distribute their content over multiple heterogeneous devices and take advantage of the full interactivity.
Later on today, Rambus announced the commencement of a business alliance with the Elite Group, a leading designer and distributor of home goods, lighting, and other consumable products.
The Elite Group will promote and sell the Rambus LED bulb portfolio to retail and professional markets within North America, including the broad range of major retail customers already working with Elite.
The Rambus LED bulbs take a fundamentally different design approach than other LED light bulbs on the market. The inventive seed of this lighting solution is Rambus’ MicroLens® optical technology, which in the bulb enables the use of a cylindrical light guide with the ability to produce a consistent, spherical distribution of light. This open structure allows for the innovative use of convection to keep the bulb cool. The result is a family of bulbs with increased energy efficiency, significantly improved lifetime and reduced bill of materials cost by utilizing fewer or lower-powered LEDs. The technology embodied in MicroLens optics has a proven track record in backlighting cell phones, computer screens, televisions and other displays.
Rambus, founded in 1990, is one of the world’s premier technology licensing companies. Rambus focuses on the development of technologies that enrich the end-user experience of electronic systems. Its breakthrough innovations and solutions help industry-leading companies bring superior products to market. Rambus licenses both its world-class patent portfolio, as well as its family of leadership and industry-standard solutions. Rambus has offices in California, North Carolina, Ohio, India, Germany, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.