Hauppauge Digital Inc. (HAUP), headquartered in Hauppauge, NY, is the worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing PC based TV tuners and data broadcast receiver products. Hauppauge’s products allow PC users to watch television on their PC screens, videoconference and create both still video images and digital TV recordings.
Hauppauge’s flagship product, the WinTV, is the leading branded TV tuner card for PCs. Hauppauge Digital Inc. acquired the Pinnacle PCTV product line from Avid, in December of 2008, and now runs PCTV tuner products as a separate division. PCTV has their research and development labs in Braunschweig, Germany.
HAUP announced today that it has launched two new models in their line of high definition video recorders.
- HD PVR 2 model 1512 for home media users
- HD PVR 2 GE Plus for for advanced gamers
Both new models will be available beginning February 1, 2013 and will be distributed through retailers in North America and Europe.
- A built-in HD video encoder that was designed for the TV broadcast industry. All recordings are in H.264, which is the video format used to make HD Blu-ray discs.
- High definition HDMI and component video recording at up to 1080p30.
- HDMI “no delay pass-through” so gamers can record their game play while playing the game on a TV monitor.
- A built-in record button for simple manual starting and stopping of recordings.
- StreamEez for streaming game play using Twitch and Ustream.
- The Personal Logo inserter, for adding a digital inserter logo to recordings.